In a world filled with bad news, tragedy, and unkindness, we want to promote the GOOD AND KIND things people do for others.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember Sept. 11th

Remember--what exactly does that mean?  I have been watching and reading different items this past week about 9/11.  It has broken my heart hearing all over again the memories of that day.  I am touched by stories of kindness of  people who reached out to help others who loss loved ones.  I am touched by stories of those who reached out to help survivors.  I am at a loss of words for the passengers and crew of flight 93 who sacrificed their lives to save others.

Here is a few of the note worthy stories I have found:

America's Camp--a camp started for the children who loss a parent on 9/11

Hope Rising--a statue dedicated to 9/11

Flight 93 National Memorial--a Monument being constructed to honor the passengers and crew of Flight 93

I watched the dedication of the Flight 93 Memorial.  I was touched by the speeches given.  I was touched by seeing the wall unveiled and seeing the names of each one of the passengers and crew.  I liked what President Bush said that it is important to remember and honor these people with these monuments, but, it is equally as important to remember them by the way we live our lives.  Maybe that is what remembering is really all about--showing our love for loss loved ones through memorials and monuments but also through our actions of loving and caring about others.  Every time we show kindness instead of anger, we defy what the terrorist wanted to split our nation apart in hate.

So, for today take some time to remember and honor all those who were loss on 9/11--fly a flag, attend a memorial, light a candle etc., then tomorrow and forever remember and honor them by the way you choose to treat others.

No comments:

Post a Comment